The beautiful island flora and fauna is part of what makes staying at Zeavola so unique, so it makes sense to us to work with the environment, to nurture it and respect it as it plays such a vital role in what makes our home so special. From Zeavola's inception, careful attention has been paid to the environment, firstly by spacing accommodations and facilities into a village style community and thus protecting mature trees to provide guests with this wonderful natural experience.
Behind the scenes each member of the Zeavola team contributes to a sustainable lifestyle despite involving extra and often dirty work outside what is considered normal hotelier duties. Below we outline the highlights of the Zeavola sustainable lifestyle:
- Heavy investment to install common electricity on Laem Tong Beach to replace generator energy.
- Key tags system implemented at the same time.
- Energy saving light bulbs and sensor controlled public lighting.
- Laundry system that conserves chemicals and energy.
- Water is sourced from local wells and rainwater collection system.
- A back of house Reverse Osmosis system treats all used water completely, which is then used to water the jungle garden.
- All natural waste including garden trimmings is shredded and mulched, nothing is burned.
- Mulch is reintroduced to provide nutrients in the jungle garden.
Refuse & Recycling
- Recyclables are separated from the trash and disposed of correctly including cooking oil, batteries, plastics, bottles, paper and cans.
• Remaining trash is shipped to Phuket to the incinerator.
- Nature Conservation & Clean Ups
• Fruit trees in quiet areas are established to assist with the food chain of birds, Zeavola is currently home to 18 bird species.
- First aid and survival assistance for birds.
- Lone monkey rescue and resettlement in an uninhabited area of the national park.
- Annual coral cleaning activities.
- Daily cleaning of the beach areas at Laem Tong, not only in front of the resort.
- Coral awareness program for hotel staff and guests.
- Cook meals for Laem Tong School on a weekly basis and host a party for the children every year.
- Assist in renovation work for the local school.
- Pay respect to the elders of the Sea Gypsy Community during Songkran.
- Adopted nearby Nui Bay and take of it throughout the year.